Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Portfolio - Dividends in Q2 2014

Second quarter of the year 2014 is over and down below you find a summary of the dividends I received during the period.


The portfolio hasn’t changed much in comparison to Q1, but dividends in Q2 are still a bit higher. This is due to the one-time payments I received from the DAX companies Deutsche Post and E.on. As already explained earlier, German companies prefer to reward their shareholders on an annual basis. Therefore, Q2 is not comparable to other quarters of the year. Most investors prefer receiving dividends on a more frequent basis, but I actually don’t mind receiving annual distributions as long as my annual passive income is increasing year by year.


Total dividends received (net of taxes) add up to EUR 159 in Q2. The Deutsche Post dividend represents the largest distribution with EUR 64, translating into a 5.78% yield on cost.

I do hope that there are more buying opportunities in the second half of 2014. At the moment, I am struggling to find reasonably priced stocks and as a result there hasn’t been many investments in 2014 so far. This is a drag on the dividend growth potential of my portfolio and I wouldn't like to have such a situation for the rest of the year. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recent dividend update. Always nice to see that cash roll in in a passive manner. Do you re-invest automatically or collect the dividends and then add to a different stock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, DivHut. My portfolio is relatively small in size as I still hope for a major correction, but I appreciate every distibution rolling in. As a consequence of the relatively small amounts of distributions, I collect the dividends on my bank account until I reach a reasonable sum to re-invest. By the way, nice blog/portfolio of yours. Will add you to my frequent reading list. Best - M-div

    ReplyDelete

Beliebte Posts